Saturday 3 August 2019

Art vs Writing


I pushed aside my interest in art when I decided to take the plunge and go to university to study writing.  I just didn't have the time to devote to both writing and art, always feeling like I wanted to be messing about with paint when I was writing and vice versa.  Pushing the art out of my mind gave me the time I needed to write, which is where my passion lies most of the time.

I had been writing like crazy until about April when I hit a plot hole and it all came to a shuddering halt.  Since then I have been procrastinating and mulling ideas around in my head to get myself out of this block and meanwhile took the opportunity to get back into a bit of art.  Armed with a birthday voucher from my brother for a certain online store, I invested in a set of acrylic paints and I have been having fun ever since.

I love doing Acrylic Pours because of the element of surprise with the final result.  There is only a certain amount of control the artist has over these, and that is what I like...oh, and they don't take long to do once you have all your paints mixed up.

Above is a trio of paintings I did as a commission for a friend for their hallway.  Below is one I did for another friend's birthday.  There are more...some not so successful, some terrible, and a couple I am pretty pleased with, but I am still learning the technique.  My next goal is to do a much larger canvas; a real statement piece I wouldn't be ashamed to hang on the wall here at home.

No comments:

Debut Novel

Here is a link to my first novel on Amazon Kindle.  It's something a bit different...a bit dystopian; a bit of a love story; a bit of an...